Corporate spring/summer clean up day

Does anyone have any documents that can be sent out as an email to all associates that helps detail a corporate clean up day?

Such as: removing old equipment, purging documents and file room consolidation 

Chris

7 Replies

• Chris:

This is the recent email notification I sent to our staff regarding our “spring cleaning” days. We support  this effort once each year to allow staff to rid their workstations and offices of excess “stuff”.  Note we do require that documents be approved for discarding by a supervisor.

Ronald J. Beaton  MBA FMP

Operations Director

Municipal Employees Retirement System of MI

1134 Municipal Way

Lansing, MI 48917

Tel. 517.703.9030

Fax 517.327.8336

Email  Rbeaton@mersofmich.com

MERS 2010 Spring Cleaning

MERS Operations Department will be sponsoring the annual company-wide spring cleaning event on Thursday and Friday, May 6th and May 7th.  We will dedicate these two days to sorting, cleaning and tossing out those items that are gathering dust and taking up valuable space. Operations will provide cleaning materials for wiping down your immediate work areas.

The Operations staff will provide dumpsters and dolly’s to haul away your discarded items.  Important Note:  Check with your supervisor before you discard any documents or files.

Electronics Recycling

MERS will once again contract with a trash-hauler/recycling service to accept any old or non-working items such as computers, monitors, microwave ovens, stereos, TV’s, etc. This service will be free to MERS staff members. These items must be dropped off at the garage level of MERS 1, in the designated area, by the close of business, Friday, May 7, 2010.

Personal mail/documents shredding services will not be available at this time.

If you have any questions about the spring cleaning event, please see Jerry Campbell, Mark Guilbeaux or Randy Reynolds.

Thanks for your participation.

Ron Beaton

Operations Director

• We do what’s called “Office Supply Recycle Day.”  I actually got the idea from an IFMA meeting almost 12 years ago.

I schedule it for 3 days and everyone cleans out their old, unused office supplies and takes them to one room.  The other associates have the option to get what others don’t use or need anymore. It’s always a huge hit.  It cleans out areas and saves $ for the company because one department may have something they no longer need that another department does.  What’s left over gets donated to local schools or charities.

I can send you what I email out to everyone if you want.

• Good morning Chris.

Attached is a compilation of some of our firm’s recent Clean Up Day/Month communications; FYI.

2008_2009 Clean Up Day Communications.pdf
  • We actually tie our "Green Cleaning " into Earth Day (I know it's already past but maybe for next year) and have it during that week. We have had a lot of success with this and even created a "Re-Store". The Re-Store is an area where people can bring items that they no longer want (too many staplers, files, pens etc.) and other people can shop for things they want. All left over items are either donated or put back to to inventory.

Good Luck.

• In reply to Robyn:

Robyn,

I am very interested in seeing the flyer you send out to your folks.  I think this is a great idea!  We have done something similar at previous companies but here it is a little more difficult to get the people fired up.  They have taken to our E-cycle Day events and we will probably tie it to those.

Jim Damian

858-350-2585

jdamian@icwgroup.com

We do what’s called “Office Supply Recycle Day.”  I actually got the idea from an IFMA meeting almost 12 years ago.

I schedule it for 3 days and everyone cleans out their old, unused office supplies and takes them to one room.  The other associates have the option to get what others don’t use or need anymore. It’s always a huge hit.  It cleans out areas and saves $ for the company because one department may have something they no longer need that another department does.  What’s left over gets donated to local schools or charities.

• Robyn –

I would also be very interested in seeing your flyer since we are currently conducting major relocations within our Corporate HQ and would like our customers to purge any unused items in this process.

Thank you,

Cheryl Mitchell

Manager

Workplace Services Department

Erie Insurance

100 Erie Insurance Place

Erie, PA 16530

Phone - 814.870.2596

Fax -     814.870.3335

Mobile - 814.504.2484

email cheryl.mitchell@erieinsurance.com

þ REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE

Please consider the environment before printing this email

• In reply to Robyn:

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for your response, I would like to see what you sent out as your "office supply recycle day" email

Chris Gray, FMP

HMSHost

Sr. Manager, facilities

Office:240-694-4476

chris.gray@hmshost.com 

Related